Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to display checkbox to select songs on CD

I would like to import selected songs from a CD onto my itunes music library. Online instructions indicate I should select the songs by checking a box next to each song. However, when I upgraded to itunes 11.4, I no longer have a checkbox next to the song titles. I tried highlighting a single song then clicking "import CD", but it still wants to import the entire CD. I tried dragging the song to the right side, but nothing happened. Is there a way to get the checkboxes displayed in itunes 11.4, or do I have do import the entire CD and then delete the unneeded songs?

imac

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:59 PM

Use iTunes' menu to go to iTunes > Preferences > General and check the box next to "Show List Checkboxes".

9 replies

Sep 1, 2015 6:45 AM in response to rich3500

Hi Rich,

Try it this way:

• Insert the disk. If iTunes asks whether you want to import it, select No.

• Open a Finder window and find the CD (or, if it's showing on the desktop, click to open it).

• In Finder, select the tracks you want to import. Control-click, and choose Open With... > iTunes from the popup menu.

Now iTunes should import (only) the tracks you've selected.

How to display checkbox to select songs on CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.