Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The remote buttons on my brand new EarPods do not work.

Basically I just bought new Earpods from Best Buy and everything works! The sound is great and everything. However, the buttons don't work. I mean I hear the click and everything it just doesn't do what it's supposed to. I cleaned the jack thingy. I checked for any debris on the buttons but nothing. I mean it's brand new!! do I return to the store and see if they can give me new ones or is there anything I can do? Help pleaseeee

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 1:34 PM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 1:41 PM in response to Kaaarinaaaaaaa

Hi Kaaarinaaaaaaa,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you purchased EarPods and they sound great, but the volume controls do not work as you expected. This behavior could change depending on what type of device you are connecting to your EarPods.

Please review the attached article below that explains what functions are comparable between Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic and different devices.

Compatibility of Apple wired headset models with iPhone, iPad, and iPod models - Apple Support

If the device you are using does seem to be compatible and the issue remains, please let us know.

Best regards

The remote buttons on my brand new EarPods do not work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.