Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there Multiple USB-C ports devices yet?

I have seen Kickstarter campaigns for new hubs and multiple port usb-c devices but is there anything on the market yet. My problem is I teach and I use the Apple Multiport VGA adaptor to hook my new macbook 12 into the projectors at my university which are all VGA.

But for home and entertainment I would like the HDM adaptor. However I do not want to spend another $100. Kanex does make a usb-c to HDMI adapter but I have no way of charging my mac if I am watching a moving or serious draining the battery. is there even such as thing as a USB to HDMI adapter so I could use my existing multi port adapter to charge but plug in an HDM connection/

I know there are products on kickstarter that may do this but I do not think I can wait that long

Any help would be appreciated

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:47 PM

6 replies

Aug 30, 2015 4:40 PM in response to jbarnett12

This is what I said to someone else who asked a similar question :

Quote :

You are not going to like the real answer to your question, you along with a lot of other people have brought into a technology that like it or not the PC world ie Windows has not embraced yet so until it does you have the choice of doing nothing and making do or buying a very expensive unit produced by only one manufacture when/if it becomes available - I have been watching USB 3.1 from a PC side and have only found around 3 Motherboards that use it so far so I will wait untill/if it becomes mainstream.

If you think about it the same fate have fallen on Thunderbolt/2, less than 12 PC motherboards use it and so there is no one using it outside of Apple and the only truly native items you can use on it are Hard Disc's and a few Monitors.

Sorry but that is the cold hard truth.

Custom mini

Aug 30, 2015 5:08 PM in response to custom mini

Thanks for the posting which I did see. I guess with there realization out there that some of do stay in the MAC world and are not enamoured with pc's or windows. I am somewhat technical but do not know a lot about video - all I am trying to do is see if there are solutions now for the issue I related knowing that one of the Kickstarter products might work . I love my macbook twelve because it is lighter and faster than my older macbook air 11" and I am willing to buy into what technology Apple is giving me

Aug 30, 2015 5:33 PM in response to jbarnett12

jbarnett12,

It's not a Mac vs PC thing at all it's about mass marketing and I'm sorry to say that is where you people in Mac land are never going to be able to influence the major peripheral manufactures as there are not enough of you on your own to make a difference and make them produce products for Mac only tech, so as I said until the big wide world of PC's jump aboard and start to push for USB 3.1 peripheral's they are going to be very few and expensive.

That is also the point I was trying to make about Thunderbolt/2 the PC world has not embraced it and so it is struggling to make a foot hold, I suspect it's because Thunderbolt is an Intel/Apple project ?!

Custom mini

Are there Multiple USB-C ports devices yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.