Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add all my hotmail contacts to my iPad air

I Have added my hotmail account to my newiPad Air - however when I go to send an email my contacts are not there.

i Have checked out contacts everywhere and all I can find are ones from Facebook for some reason?

Checked out how to sync hotmail/outlook contacts but they still do not appear.

I'd appreciate any help as googled and nothing works.

iPad Air

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 3:54 PM

Annealuse, I would try resetting your Mail Account again. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > locate your email provider and click on the account. Then on the next page Delete Account. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything. Then go back to Settings > Mail… and add the account again. Maybe this time the contacts will come along. You may have to wait a bit until the new account syncs with the server. Good luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 3:54 PM in response to Annealuse

Annealuse, I would try resetting your Mail Account again. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > locate your email provider and click on the account. Then on the next page Delete Account. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything. Then go back to Settings > Mail… and add the account again. Maybe this time the contacts will come along. You may have to wait a bit until the new account syncs with the server. Good luck.

Aug 30, 2015 5:13 PM in response to Annealuse

My pleasure, Annealuse. I take it that you have both a Hotmail and an Outlook account? If so you could try adding the Outlook account as a second account under Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account. This should bring in the additional contacts. Regarding Facebook, I have an account but don't use it much. I think if you installed the Facebook App you may be stuck with its contacts. You could try going into Settings > Facebook and see if there is a way to block them there but I doubt it. Under Mail, Contacts...., towards the bottom there is a Default Account (Hotmail for you) and under it says "New Contacts created outside...... will be added to this account". You may just have to either delete the Facebook App or accept the contacts. Maybe someone else will join here and offer a better suggestion. Cheers....

How do I add all my hotmail contacts to my iPad air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.