Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pay App charging for upgrade

i purchased Textilus. Now, in order to get the 6.0 upgrade, there is an additional charge. Most of my pay apps have always given updates for free. does this seem unusual? What happens if another upgrade becomes available, is charging for them acceptable?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 3:57 PM

Many apps I have purchased charge for upgrades. For example, Adobe charges for PhotoShop upgrades which appear roughly once a year.

Software developers typically get paid for their work. This seems perfectly reasonable to me. And you get the benefit of improved software.

5 replies

Aug 30, 2015 4:35 PM in response to Niknich

Well, here is a point of confusion. I think Demo (as always) posted an excellent response.

You said "In order to get the 6.0 upgrade ...". This sounds like a key point.

There are two apps that we seem to be discussing. Textilus - the basic product - sells for US$5.99. But, it is still at version 5.5.5! And this version was just posted two days ago.

There is another app, called Textilus Pro, which sells for US$9.99. Its version is currently 6.1, which was posted three days ago.

So I suspect you are talking about buying the Textilus to Textilus Pro Upgrade Bundle, which sells for US$11.99, and gives you the latest versions of both products.

Do you need Textilus Pro? Check it out before acting.

Pay App charging for upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.