Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs are dissappearing from my iphone 6

I've noticed that sometimes when I download new versions of software and my phone syncs, Music that I've previously bought from Itunes disappears from my phone. It's still on my computer, but I can't get it back on my phone, because when I try to drag it back over, nothing happens.

I don't know what my settings were before hand, but I've checked "Manually manage music and videos" and I still can't drag it over.

This is a historical problem that has happened for me on my old phone (4) as well. I'm not sure if it's a bug or incorrect settings, but here's all I want to have happen:

1) Music that's already on my phone stays on my phone no matter whether or not I do an upgrade to a new software version.

2) The only way music gets removed from my phone is if I delete it.

3) If I want music on my phone, I drag it from my itunes library to my phone and it puts the music there.

Anyone have any ideas why I can't just have the above 3 things work for me?

OSX 10.9.5

Itumes 12.2.1.16

Iphone 6 8.4.1

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 7:34 PM

1 reply

Songs are dissappearing from my iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.