Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Copy/Paste to email

I have the latest version of Office for Mac installed on my iMac that is using Yosemite. I have repeatedly tried to copy/paste a word document to an email. The middle of every paragraph is missing. I rebooted my computer but no change. After the initial copy/paste I can copy the missing portion of each paragraph and insert it where it was missing and this worked to complete the message, but I can probably retype the message in the time this takes. I've checked copying other kids of documents such as pdf, excel and pictures and they appear to work fine. It's just Word documents. Why doesn't the whole copied message get pasted to the email?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 5:52 PM

3 replies

Sep 1, 2015 12:35 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I agree that attaching would have been a better choice but there was a reason I wanted it in the email this time. I had a chat session with Microsoft folks and they said the reason for the problem is that when I typed in Word and stated a date such as August 27th, the "th" converts to a symbol that Mail does not understand and this causes confusion and parts of the message gets left off. I'm told this can also happen if my Word document uses a font that is not recognized by Mail. Bottom line, I won't do this again. Thanks for your response.

Can't Copy/Paste to email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.