Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have not been able to send messages to another person with a 5s and my iMessages are loading but are not being delivered. What do I do to fix this?

I have not been able to send messagesn my Ipad to another person with a 5s and my iMessages are loading but are not being delivered. Whenever I text another person it sais delivered but when I text my friend it does not work. What do I do to fix this problem?

iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 4:54 PM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 7:26 AM in response to Magoochy

Hello Magoochy,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If I understand your post correctly you are unable to send messages to a specific contact from your iPad. To start troubleshooting this issue I suggest that you go through the steps outlined below.

Check the recipient's contact info

1. Make sure that you're using the right phone number or email address.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages > Blocked and make sure that they're not on your block list.

Delete existing conversations

If you can't send messages to a certain recipient, delete any conversations you have with them and try sending a new message. When you delete a conversation, you won’t be able to recover it. Make sure that you take a screenshot or forward any messages that you want to keep.

Restart your device and check for updates

1. Restart your device.
  2. Check for a carrier settings update.
  3. Check for an iOS software update.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

I have not been able to send messages to another person with a 5s and my iMessages are loading but are not being delivered. What do I do to fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.