Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MainStage crashes with any 3rd party plugin

Immediately following the 3.2 update, I cannot get MainStage 3 to open. It crashes completely blaming a 3rd party plugin. Except when I remove that plugin from my Mac, MainStage crashes and will not open; then promptly crashes claiming a different 3rd party plugin is to blame. I have removed all my third party plugins and re-downloaded and re-installed them. (yes, I know how to "completely" remove them and all the hiding places) Now keep in mind NONE of these 3rd party plugins cause Logic Pro X to crash. But alas, even with the plugins re-installed, MainStage 3 v3.2 crashes on opening. So I uninstalled the MainStage v3.2 software from my Mac and re-installed it. But again to no avail. When ALL 3rd party plugins are removed, MainStage opens just fine. And again, every single 3rd party plugin works fine in Logic Pro X and other DAWs I use occasionally.

Whilst I had MainStage 3.2 loading when all my 3rd party plugins were removed, I went into "Plugin Manager" in MainStage and unchecked every single 3rd party plugin and the darn thing works... Can't figure why MainStage will not work with non-Apple plugins. It's maddening to say the least. Anybody know anything I don't on this? Is the updated 3.2 version just buggy? Until this issue is fixed, MainStage 3 v3.2 is pretty useless.

MainStage, MainStage 3

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 9:25 PM

1 reply

MainStage crashes with any 3rd party plugin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.