Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix garageband?

I recently upgraded to the new Garageband 10.1.0. I record guitar rock with no loops and I rarely use software instruments. The new garageband is completely foreign and I need a lot of help, even though I've been using Garageband since the year it was released. Please help me understand and potentially reverse these problems: Why don't the arrow keys move the playhead? Why do I have to hold the option key the entire time I drag a region for it to duplicate instead of relocate it? (this was actually one of the main reasons I never switched to logic). Why does the screen scroll so slow when I drag a region left or right? Why doesn't command F bring up the instrument tuner anymore? Is there any way to access previous garageband's drum kits or software instruments? Is it possible to fix or reverse any of this stuff? The overall feel of the software is completely different. It feels like a toy version of logic now, the regions and samples jut around and feel choppy. Let me know what you think.

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 4:43 PM

There are no replies.

How do I fix garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.