Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad touchscreen replacement

Hello. Im from colombia and I own an iPad 4th generation. I have a little question. Like a year ago my touchscreen cracked and about half of the screen became unresponsive. I took it to the store where I bought it and they told me that they were not going to fix it since it was out of warranty period, they were very disrespectful and didnt seem to want help me. So I had to take it to a 3rd party seller who changed the touchscreen (which lasted only a few weeks). I would like to know if I can send my tablet to apple (paying the fee of course) to get my screen replaced. I ask this because the screen is not the orginal iPad screen, and to be honest onyl god knows if they also "replaced" other parts of my iPad. Thank you.

iPad, iOS 8.4.1, ipad touchscreen

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 6:49 PM

4 replies

Aug 31, 2015 7:47 AM in response to jcmc1405

A cracked screen is considered accidental damage and is not covered by the ipad's warranty. If you had taken the iPad to Apple at that time you would have been offered a replacement iPad in the "Out of Warranty" program. That would require paying a fee that is much lower than a new iPad and you would have gotten a new or refurbished iPad that was identical to the one you broke.

Having a non authorized repair service replace the screen results in voiding all support by Apple for your device.

Aug 31, 2015 8:02 AM in response to jcmc1405

OK thank you for your help. Now I understand I'm alone in this. The funny thing is that the guys at the shop where I bough it (iShop) never told me about this when my original touchscreen broke. This was my first iPad and I did not know all this, and those people at mac center did not want to help me. They just told me: you are out of your warranty period and apple will not repair your device... I'm just an student so no, I don't have money for a new iPad, anyways tank you for your help

ipad touchscreen replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.