Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does "show in iTunes store" confirm whether or not iTunes Match will match the song?

I'm considering getting iTunes match, however I have heard that many people have problems getting certain songs to match. If I right click on a file I ripped from a CD and select "show in iTunes store" and the album appears in the store with the song title and artist highlighted, does that confirm that iTunes match will match the song?

Windows 7

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 6:15 PM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 9:48 AM in response to ben dowson

HI,

This does not indicate that that your track will be or has been matched. The track will probably be matched but there is no guarantee that it will. I have had tracks correctly matched but does not "show in store" and conversely I have tracks uploaded that "show in store".

Match uses the sound footprint to achieve matches and does not rely on metadata.

jim

Does "show in iTunes store" confirm whether or not iTunes Match will match the song?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.