Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having trouble restoring/updating my iPad.

I wanted to restore my iPad, it has been acting odd. iTunes says it is downloading the software and will restore my iPad when the download is complete. But there's no indication that a download is happening. ? ! ? Both the check for update and restore iPad buttons are greyed out. This is an iPad 2, and iTunes says iOS 8.4.1, but I am not sure if this is the os it is downloading or the one we already have and need to update.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 6:38 PM

If you have the device disconnected from iTunes and go to Settings>General>About>Version, what do you see there? In the newer version of iTunes, the download is indicated in the upper right section of iTunes (at least in Windows version) in the area just under the upper right corner of the windows. I believe it is an arrow, surrounded by a circle. That is where you will see downloads. It does not provide much information unless you click on it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 6:38 PM in response to chrisoe

If you have the device disconnected from iTunes and go to Settings>General>About>Version, what do you see there? In the newer version of iTunes, the download is indicated in the upper right section of iTunes (at least in Windows version) in the area just under the upper right corner of the windows. I believe it is an arrow, surrounded by a circle. That is where you will see downloads. It does not provide much information unless you click on it.

Aug 30, 2015 6:41 PM in response to chrisoe

I figured this out, and now I can't figure out how to delete my silly question. Sigh. My problem was updates for iPads show up in a weird place - there's a glistening arrow far to the right upper corner. I looked in the downloads, nothing. In the os updates, like the iTunes update did, nothing. Should have clicked the glistening arrow. My bad.

having trouble restoring/updating my iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.