Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express is green, but nothing can connect to it

After receiving a new modem/router from my ISP, I'm unable to connect any device (iPhones or my Mac) to my Airport Extreme. The Airport Extreme appears, but when I try to connect using iTunes I get a timeout error, and nothing happens at all when I try to connect using any of the iPhone devices in the house.

In Airport Utility, the Internet, Airport Extreme, and Airport Express are all green with good connections. I'm assuming this has something to do with the new modem/router, but I'm at a loss as to what the problem is. Even though the new box my ISP sent has wireless, it's terrible, so I kept the Airport Extreme connected, assuming this would be easier than trying to configure it with the new router. When trying to connect, I make sure the device is connected to the "Web-Betty" Airport Extreme.

Is the problem because of the router/modem my ISP sent me? Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

Here are all the specs:

Mac Mini Late 2012 running 10.10.4

Airport Express version 7.6.4 (not sure where to find what AE I have--it's pretty old)

Airport Extreme version 7.6.4 (not sure where to find what AE I have--it's pretty old)

iPhone 5s (but I doubt it's my phone, since nothing is connecting)

Here are screenshots of the network info:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

And the Airport Express' Internet tab:

User uploaded file

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 6:18 PM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 6:37 PM in response to web-betty

When you change modems.. you really have to start all over again.. Not that I see anything wrong.. but strange stuff happens.

First of all just do a full network restart.. shut down everything.. off not standby.

Start up the modem.. wait 2min.. start up the Extreme .. wait 2min. start up the Express.. wait 2min.

Then start up clients..

Retest.. can you get access.. if not..

Reset the extreme and express to factory and start over.. do a clean new setup on both.

BUT do the extreme first and make sure it is working.. then do the Express.

If you run into trouble post the screenshots like you have done so we can see what happened.

Airport Express is green, but nothing can connect to it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.