Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to detect date and time and unable to log into iTunes on my brand new appleTV

Hi! Does anyone know how to get AppleTV to detect date and time and to log into iTunes on AppleTV. I just brought one home this evening planning to enjoy a movie and haven't been able to do anything. I unplugged and restarted my modem and AppleTV box multiple times. I've disabled my firewall and tried that. I've set the location and country manually. All with no luck still 😟.

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 9:23 PM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 2:35 AM in response to SharHill

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Assuming this is not the first time you have used your Apple TV

1. You might try restarting the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  2. Also try restarting the router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  3. If the problem persists, try a restore, you may want to try the previous procedures several times before doing this.
  4. If restoring from the Apple TV doesn't help, try restoring from iTunes using a USB cable.

If this is a new Apple TV, in addition to trying the above, it may also be that your network router is not allowing access to the timeserver, check that your router allows access over port 123.

You might also try connecting to a different network and then trying again on your own, you might try at a friends or use the wifi hotspot on your mobile phone if you have one.

Unable to detect date and time and unable to log into iTunes on my brand new appleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.