Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mini Shuts Down - Turns Off - Heat Related Issue?

Good morning - after a few days of searching the discussions, I see there are a lot of issues with a single core mini NOT SHUTTING DOWN. My problem is that it WONT STOP SHUTTING DOWN. Various times, various durations. I tried all basic troubleshooting - plugs, peripherals, switch - you name it. Does not matter which program I am using either. Is anyone else having the same problems before I call Tech Support - or other troubleshooting tips. I find that when I call Tech Support and let them know I have tried some tips from the boards, they can help to solve the problem quicker. I forgot to mention that the only abnormality is that the power "block" - from the ac to computer does get pretty hot in a short period of time.

PowerBook G4; Mac Mini Single Core w full RAM Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Nov 4, 2006 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2006 8:24 AM

Have you tried resetting the SMC?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303446

This solves problems such as telling the computer when to shut down.
It could also solve many other problems you could possibly have.

Dean
7 replies

Nov 4, 2006 3:19 PM in response to deashute

Thank you very much for the link. I had "almost" completed the process by unplugging an peripherals but never unplugged the power control. So I followed the instructions you provided and just started up again. It's a wait and see game right now but I will certainly get back to you tonight or tomorrow morning with any conclusions. Thanks Again.

Mini Shuts Down - Turns Off - Heat Related Issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.