Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I redeemed an itunes gift card to my account & now can't access

Nothing makes me madder than not finding an easy answer for this kind of CRAP from Apple.

I wanted to buy an app for my iphone just now. A month or two ago I had redeemed an itunes card by entering into my store account so I could

use THAT to buy apps or a tune if I wanted, instead of using a credit card for a little gift for myself.

Now I can't even find info out about my balance, and all I ever got was 1 tune, (appropriately enough at this moment, "4-5seonds.") Why can't I find out my balance, you ask?

I didn't keep the freaking plastic card. After all, this is APPLE. where they have APPLE MONEY. And say they are my TRUSTED PARTER.

So tell me partner *** do I have in the way of credit on my stupid little card, and why can't you just make it easy for me to use it?

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:13 PM

What do you see when you open the App Store on your iPhone, choose the Featured pane and then swpe to the bottom.

User uploaded file

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X Yosemite 10.10.3; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 1.0.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 8.3

9 replies

Jan 15, 2016 10:39 PM in response to Dah•veed

I too am having the same problem. I believe that if you redeem a gift card, that the system should always deduct from that first and when the balance of the card is at 0, the overdraft automatically taken from the credit card. Not that other way around. The whole point for redeeming a gift card is to keep the charges off the credit card or what's the point??? I just redeemed a $25 gift card and there is no mention of it anywhere on my account and I too, did not keep the plastic card! what a rip off! I have another $25 gift card that I haven't redeemed yet and am wondering if it's even worth it??? I will NEVER buy another iTunes gift card and will tell everyone not purchase as a gift as they will be wasting their money! I was given 2 of them for Christmas gifts! The gift card policy seriously needs to be changed. I think Apple makes enough money without having to rip people off on the gift card scam!

Jan 15, 2016 10:57 PM in response to Loralye

I Want to say that I stand corrected! I did find my balance but had to go to ibooks to find it! iBooks??? Really??? It makes no sense. There was no chance in **** that I would have found that had I not read it on your support site under "Redeem Gift Cards". It should never be this difficult. I'm sorry Apple, I did find the balance, but it still needs to be easier than it being hidden in an app I rarely use. The gift card information should be readily and easily accessible for everyone right in their account information. If my credit card can be seen there, then the gift card information should be easily seen there also.

Jan 15, 2016 11:13 PM in response to Loralye

My account's balance shows at the top right of the store's page on my computer's iTunes, by clicking on my name towards the top right of iTunes, and by logging in to view my account via the Store > View Account menu option (in the 'Apple ID Summary' section on my account)

On my iOS devices it shows at the bottom of the Featured tab in the App Store app under my account id, in the iTunes Store app under my id at the bottom of the Films, Music and TV Programmes tabs, and by tapping on my id in Settings > iTunes & App Store and tapping 'view apple id' on the popup and logging into the account (it shows at the top of my account's details).

If you are a family organiser in family sharing then your balance won't be used.

And we are fellow users on these forums, you're not talking to iTunes Support nor Apple.

I redeemed an itunes gift card to my account & now can't access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.