Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why didn't my Bluetooth devices get restored w/ back up & now Bluetooth can't connect to ANY?

I was recently issued a replacement iPhone 5s due to issues with the rear facing camera. once restoring my new iPhone 5s with back from iTunes I noticed that my Bluetooth devices were not restored with back up. Furthermore it will not discover or be discovered by any Bluetooth devices wether in Apple's list of compatible devices or not, (they are on this list). I have done a reboot of Bluetooth & reset network settings on this phone but to no avail, I still can not connect to ANY Bluetooth devices. Can anyone tell me why devices weren't restored w/ back up or why I can't connect to Bluetooth devices?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 7:02 PM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 7:45 AM in response to Craigles234

Greetings Craigles234,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are having trouble connecting Bluetooth devices to the iPhone. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Get help connecting a Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care

Why didn't my Bluetooth devices get restored w/ back up & now Bluetooth can't connect to ANY?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.