Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting iCloud Accounts on my iPhone

I've retired and no longer have access to the two email accounts I used with my original iCloud. I have a new Comcast email account. When I look at deleting the old (non-working) working account, the message tells me that everything in contacts will be deleted too. I want to save those contacts. I created a new iCloud account for my iPhone using the new Comcast address, but the phone keeps asking me for passwords to account which I no longer have access to (the old ones). This is terribly frustrating and responses so far from Apple support have been absolutely non-informative. The local store told me that they would have to completely reset my phone, delete everything and start it back up again all over again. For a $$ charge, of course. I just got the new iPhone 6 too.

Now this message window says something about cannot post a blank message --- this looks pretty much like a message to me.

I'll try to post this anyway.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4, Old iPhone: 4S with OS 8.4

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 7:24 PM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 7:56 AM in response to Diane.K.Mann

Greetings Diane.K.Mann,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you have an old Apple ID that you used for iCloud, but that email address was a company email address that you no longer use. What you would like to do is keep all of the information that is currently on your iPhone, but use a personal email address. If this is correct, please follow the steps outlined below get this set up the way you would like.

First, navigate to Settings > iCloud on your iPhone as described in the iCloud section of attached article below and sign out. You will only follow steps 1-4 here to begin. Step 3 explains how to keep the current data on your iPhone. Keep in mind, when prompted for the Apple ID password, this is not the old email address password for mail, this would be the password you set up specifically for this Apple ID.

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iCloud

1. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device. If you see the option to sign in, you can change your Apple ID now.
  2. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account. After you sign out of iCloud, you might not be able to access some of your data that's stored in iCloud until you sign in again. If you're part of a family, you'll need to sign back in to use Family Sharing.

User uploaded file
  3. Choose Keep on My iPhone or Delete from My iPhone.
  4. Enter your password.

Next, you will need to edit your Apple ID opposed to creating a new one. Editing your old Apple ID from your old email address to your new personal email address will ensure that all of your content stays in tact. To edit your Apple ID, follow the steps in the next attached article below.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Once the Apple ID has been edited to reflect your personal email address, return to the first article and complete steps 5 and 6 to sign back into iCloud.

5. Go to Settings > iCloud and enter your Apple ID and password.

6. Tap Sign In.

Cheers

Deleting iCloud Accounts on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.