Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes wont launch for Windows 7 64 bit

The process runs for about 2 or 3 seconds before close itself and i have a loading icon on my mouse icon for said duration

Things i have tried:

Clean reinstall of iTunes software(Uninstalled in the correct order)

Tried turning on itunes with my internet off

Tried reinstalling my PC

Tried installing Quicktime and then even uninstalling it as some users claim to have got itunes fixed this way.

shift+control clicked itunes so it starts in safe mode.No use.
It worked before on my windows 7 32 bit if that means anything

iPhone 6 Plus, Windows 7, Used to work on my 32 bit

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 8:53 PM

9 replies

Aug 31, 2015 10:23 PM in response to Squash3000

to the 2 people who had the same question as me

I fixed it

I downloaded an older version of itunes of apple support(10.7.0.21) and it worked.Apple - Support - Downloads

You have to uninstall you itunes as per apple support guidance and in correct order and restart your pc before starting this older version

Im still looking for a fix to using the newer version of itunes so please dont close this thread.

Sep 1, 2015 2:37 AM in response to Squash3000

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Sep 1, 2015 4:13 AM in response to turingtest2

thanks but i alrdy did most of the stuff in the links for troubleshooting.infact i googled this error for 2 days before finally deciding to make a forum post(first ever).

Im using gtx960 which is a pretty new video card

ive read a fix for geforce experience(software for nvidia video cards) where you can get it working by downloading a really old version and then updating it via that software instead of downloading the whole thing

I'll update you guys if it works

thanks

Sep 1, 2015 5:23 AM in response to Squash3000

If you've tried the above then see the method in Install missing components. What component fails to install, and what error message does it give? See this post for steps to produce detailed logs of the installation which may reveal why iTunes won't install.

Note the "for older video cards" label is simply how Apple have chosen to title that page. Experience suggests that it can often help when iTunes won't install on 64-bit systems, possibly because the core installer has been around for longer. It may also be needed if you have content that needs QuickTime as it appears the full 64-bit version of iTunes doesn't integrate properly.

tt2

iTunes wont launch for Windows 7 64 bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.