Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4.1 Iphone won't charge

Hey there,

I downloaded the latest software iOS 8.4.1 on my iPhone 4s, and my phone is now literally dead..

It was fine the first day, but then my battery started going crazy and going from 100% to 20% in no time and the battery would die at not even 35%.

So my phone is now totally discharged and though I've been charging it for 2 days the screen still indicates that the battery is too low to turn the phone on.

Also, my phone sometimes don't recognise the cable..

It happened when I downloaded the 8.4 software in June, and my phone started working normal again after a day, but this is taking much more longer.

As anyone experience this already? Should I go to an Apple store?

Thanks heaps for your replies!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 9:49 PM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 8:50 AM in response to Youngmargaux

Hello there, Youngmargaux.

It sounds like you're having issues with battery life and charging after updating to iOS 8.4.1. The following Knowledge Base article offers some great guidance for troubleshooting:

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Make sure you’re using Apple-certified accessories and the right power source.

If your battery is really low, you might see a black screen for a few minutes even after you plug it in. Let it charge for at least 10 minutes (20 minutes for iPad). If it still doesn’t charge, follow the steps below.

If the battery doesn’t charge

If the battery doesn’t charge, unplug your device and try these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris.
  2. If you're using a USB power adapter, make sure it's plugged in all the way and the power outlet is working. If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it's on and can charge your device. To charge an iPad, you might need to use a USB power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
  3. Try a different USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port.
  4. If everything seems to be working, reconnect your device and wait for 30 minutes.
  5. If your device still doesn’t charge, try to restart it while it's connected to power. If you can't restart, force your device to restart.

If you see an alert

When you plug in your device, you might see one of these alerts:
  • “This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone.”
  • “This accessory is not supported by this device.”
If you see one of these alerts, unplug your device try and these steps:
  1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris, then reconnect the USB cable.
  2. If you still see an alert, try a different USB cable or charger.

Get more help

If your device still doesn't charge or you still see an alert after trying the steps above, contact Apple Support.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

iOS 8.4.1 Iphone won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.