Related Article: Use AirPlay to stream audio

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Airplay and apple TV how to connect to Iphone or Ipad P2P without wifi network?

I am trying to setup an Apple TV for presentation use. My issue is that I cannot get the devices to see the Apple TV in airplay. I have the latest Rev 3 and up to date software. I do not have an internet connection other then on the IPAD or Iphone. I can place a generic Wireless Router with wifi but it is not connected to internet purposefully. How can I get the P2P to function as it should? I looking for any help in this as I would like to set it up and use it for what we purchased it. To do presentations and conduct training from the IPad. Thanks to all who can help. I have checked blue tooth on both and it is on wifi as well. Had no issues when they were hooked up to the same network and had internet. Does the Apple TV now need internet to function solely as a presentation tool?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:19 PM

There are no replies.

Apple Airplay and apple TV how to connect to Iphone or Ipad P2P without wifi network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.