Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Error Details: Preflight-file could not be checked. It is not signed by Apple.

Hi there, trying to download/install a previously bought App on a second Mac from my App Store Account, keeps giving me some message like:

Preflight-file could not be checked. It is not signed by Apple.*

Here is the corresponding console entry:

31.08.15 10:17:34.519 storedownloadd[445]: *** Assertion failure in -[CheckPreflightOperation verifyDistributionAtURL:allowsDevSign:allowsUnsigned:osVersionToBeInstalled:err or:distributionController:], /SourceCache/Commerce/Commerce-376.29/CommerceKit/CheckPreflightOperation.m:307

Anything you would know to work around this issue?

Thanks in advance for a hint!

*) ori-DE: Ihr Kauf konnte nicht abgeschlossen werden

Die Preflight-Datei konnte nicht überprüft werden. Sie wurde nicht von Apple signiert.

OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), iMac13,2 i7 32GB 3TB-FD

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 9:21 AM

Launch the Keychain Access application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

From the menu bar, select

Keychain Access Preferences... Certificates

There are three menus in the window. Change the selection in the top two to Best attempt, and in the bottom one to CRL. Log out, log back in, and test.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 9:21 AM in response to KeineAirPort-Karte installiert

Launch the Keychain Access application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

From the menu bar, select

Keychain Access Preferences... Certificates

There are three menus in the window. Change the selection in the top two to Best attempt, and in the bottom one to CRL. Log out, log back in, and test.

Sep 1, 2015 2:37 PM in response to KeineAirPort-Karte installiert

Thank you very much, that certificate handling setting (OCSP/CRL/Priority) seems to be exactly what I had to change (probably back to the default settings* btw, priority set to OCSP does work too) - must have been an overreacting setting-changing-session to a trace of security uneasiness. Thanks again for this top hint.

PS: I do wonder why the check-if-mentioned-in-certificate and both (OCSP&CRL) options are enabled, if even Apples own certificates do not pass it; the required-for-all-certificates option is only listed but disabled. Firefox isn’t using CRLs anymore since v28. May be the use of SCVP might improve certificate validation further …

*) ori-DE: Schlüsselbundverwaltung: Einstellungen: Tab Zertifikate: OCSP & CRL: Bester Versuch; Priorität: OCSP oder CRL

App Store Error Details: Preflight-file could not be checked. It is not signed by Apple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.