Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4.1 freezing

I am following up on this post Re: Re: Frozen App Store Updates / Podcast Downloads (iPhone 6 / iOS 8) as this needs to be picked up by Apple.

I am many others are having problems with iOS 8.4.1 across our devices.

We believe that it starts as a device specific thing but it gets worse and ends up infiltrating all your devices.

Mine started a week ago on my iPhone and now my iPad has the same problem.

We have all tried restoring and adding apps back in again but this does not work as this is a central problems with the iOS

So what happens?

1. iTunes does not allow correct entry of passwords
  2. App store does not update apps
  3. App store does not allow download of apps
  4. Apple Music constantly crashes
  5. Apple Music takes ages to play a song (15 minutes in some cases)
  6. Links do not work in Emails
  7. Podcasts do not load
  8. Podcasts do not download
  9. Newsstand magazines do not download
  10. iPhone/iPad hangs between apps
  11. Battery drains very quickly even if your iOS device is not doing anything
  12. Safari stalls on open or page load

These are just a few of the things I have experienced as well as others.

In some cases and situations it has rendered devices unusable. I have had to install old third party apps like Spotify, Chrome and Overcast just to be able to do basic things on my device.

When will Apple acknowledge this is an issue and sort it?

It cannot be sorted by tech support as it is intermittent and sorts its self out when you hard reboot (only to come back later).

I know iOS9 is on the way but that's weeks away and I want to be able to use my device - a device I paid a lot of money for, now.

Please sort this out Apple.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 2:46 AM

11 replies

Aug 31, 2015 3:32 AM in response to Keith Tomlinson1

Hummm.

OK, I noticed all was working this morning. And then I added an iTunes credit from an iTunes card.

Apps now when tapping install correctly ask for touch pad or code, books load etc. I really did not do anything and have not rebooted. It might break later today.

I think that the issue came for the authentication process as iCloud checks everytime an action is taken, including going into the iTunes preferences.

I am in Switzerland, so maybe the fix will appear later in the day in the US. (Server replication etc.)

I did see somebody on this forum manage to get themselves working by deleting iCloud entries in the Keychain app. on their Mac and rebooting all devices including Mac. Given what may be happening this could make sense, but not something I would suggest unless you have all of your codes to hand, and a good backup.

If that did work, then it confirms there is an issue with authentication. If you know what you are doing, and it sounds like it, give it a try. But I must stress I did nothing, and all came back on line this morning. (0900 CEST)

iOS 8.4.1 freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.