Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overheating resulting in screen lifting

HHas anyone else had a problem with the iPhone 5 overheating and causing the screen to lift away from the frame? I purchased two of them over. 2 years ago, then gave them to our kids when we upgraded. Within two months of each other they each had the same problem. One is now unreadable, and the other is getting worse

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 10:52 AM

This sounds like the batteries are degrading to the point of swelling and causing your screens to be pushed outwards. I would recommend stop using these phones and either take them to an Apple Store or authorised repairer to check. They will put the phones through a diagnostic test to determine the condition of the battery. If the battery has swollen, then they will have to send the phones away to get the battery swapped, (normally done in store) in case the battery explodes and sends its contents all over the place. There was an iPhone 5 battery replacement program some time ago, and if you put your serial number in and said it was eligible you could go in and have it swapped for free. I don't know if this is still running, or has now expired. Wouldn't hurt to check though.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 10:52 AM in response to donnafromgolden valley

This sounds like the batteries are degrading to the point of swelling and causing your screens to be pushed outwards. I would recommend stop using these phones and either take them to an Apple Store or authorised repairer to check. They will put the phones through a diagnostic test to determine the condition of the battery. If the battery has swollen, then they will have to send the phones away to get the battery swapped, (normally done in store) in case the battery explodes and sends its contents all over the place. There was an iPhone 5 battery replacement program some time ago, and if you put your serial number in and said it was eligible you could go in and have it swapped for free. I don't know if this is still running, or has now expired. Wouldn't hurt to check though.

Overheating resulting in screen lifting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.