Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Freezing and Crashing

I made a separate post about the issues I'm having with my iPhone since updating to 8.4.1.

I just tried plugging my iPhone into my Mac to see if I could get around any of these problems via iTunes but I've found that once i click on my iPhone in iTunes and menu I select causes iTunes to freeze. Also if i click on 'back up' or 'restore' on the summary page it also crashes.

So I'm not stuck with a iPhone that is barely functional as well as iTunes being unusable as well.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 4:02 AM

2 replies

Sep 1, 2015 6:50 AM in response to 2000XL

Hey 2000XL,
Sorry to hear about your issues with your iPhone. I know that it can be frustrating, especially after a restore. Let's see if we can get it sorted out with some troubleshooting.
I would start with restoring your iPhone because of all the other issues you have been experiencing. Because you are experiencing issues with iTunes crashing on you, I would put your iPhone into recovery mode first and then plug it in to your computer. Once you do that you should be able to restore your iPhone without issue. Take a look at the article below for more details on how to do this.
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

Take it easy

Sep 1, 2015 11:59 AM in response to 2000XL

Hi. Thanks a lot for taking the time to help. I decided to restore my iPhone yesterday and this seems to have had the desired effect with regard to iTunes functioning with the iPhone connected.

For the most part, my iPhone is running much better with the one exception being Apple Music which is now not playing anything whatsoever, nor is it syncing my music from iTunes on my mac. I can live with that though.... returning to Spotify solves that issue.

iTunes Freezing and Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.