Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Preview quits unexpectedly

It's a Mac Air (mid 2013)
Processor 1.3GHz Inter Core i5

System OS X Yosemite version 10.10.3

Ever since I installed the Microsoft Office 2016 I can't open any pdf files with Preview (I don't know if that's related)
After several attempts to open Preview it now shows "The last time you opened Preview, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?"

Can't use preview under safe mode as well. However when I log in the guest account the preview work just fine. That's weird?

Problem Details and System Configuration: http://pastebin.com/XZ4QCMCk

(The forum don't allow me to paste this chunck of data)

Please help???? It's really annoying that I can't open any pdf files I can't get work done. Thank you!!! 🙂

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 11:49 PM

15 replies

Aug 30, 2015 11:54 PM in response to yoru1119

Hi. Try to do the following.

Click on finder/ Click on Go menu at the top/ hold down the option key and select Library folder.

1.Find Preferences folder in Library.

2.Open this folder and look for com.apple.Preview.LSSharedFileList.plist.

3. move this file to the desktop.

4. Click on finder/ Click on Go menu at the top/ hold down the option key and select Library folder.

5. Find Containers folder and open it. Move com.apple.preview file to the desktop.

6. Click on finder/ Click on Go menu at the top/ hold down the option key and select Library folder.

7. Look for Saved application state folder in Library. Open it and find com.apple.Preview.savedState and move it to the desktop.

Restart your mac and launch Preview.

Aug 31, 2015 8:45 AM in response to yoru1119

A

Back up all data before proceeding.

Launch the Font Book application and validate all fonts. You must select the fonts in order to validate them. See the built-in help and this support article for instructions. If Font Book finds any issues, resolve them.

Start up in safe mode to rebuild the font caches. Restart as usual and test.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t start in safe mode. In that case, ask for instructions.

If you still have problems, then from the Font Book menu bar, select

FileRestore Standard Fonts...

You'll be prompted to confirm, and then to enter your administrator login password.

Also note that if you deactivate or remove any built-in fonts, for instance by using a third-party font manager, the system may become unstable.

B

If there's no change, continue.

Quit Preview if it's running.

Launch the Keychain Access application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

Use the search box in the toolbar of the Keychain Access window to search for items with either of these names:

Preview Signature Privacy

Signature Annotation Privacy

Delete any you find.

Aug 31, 2015 8:51 PM in response to yoru1119

Back up all data. Quit Preview if it's running.

Launch the Keychain Access application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

Use the search box in the toolbar of the Keychain Access window to search for items with either of these names:

Preview Signature Privacy

Signature Annotation Privacy

Delete any you find.

MacBook Air Preview quits unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.