Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use MIDI Modulator to control plugin parameter

I was wondering if there's anyway to use the LFO section of the MIDI Modulator to control parameters of plugin(s) on other channel strip(s)?

Specifically, I've got a Waves One Knob Filter on an aux channel, and I want to modulate the cutoff frequency with an LFO. I have the MIDI modulator set up on an external instrument channel. I also have the cutoff frequency mapped to an on screen control. However, I can't seem to get the MIDI LFO to target either the plugin control directly, or to target the on screen control.

Is this possible within Mainstage 3? Or should I start looking at something like Bidule to make this work?

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 1:55 PM

Figured it out!

To anyone else who might be curious, it's fairly straightforward:

In AUDIO/MIDI SETUP:

1) Make sure the IAC driver is enabled

2) Make sure there is a session in the Network with the IAC driver set as the input

In MAINSTAGE

1) Create an external instrument channel strip

2) Set the MIDI Output to IAC

3) Load the MIDI Modulator Plugin. You should now see Mainstage receiving the MIDI data sent out by the Modulator plugin.
4) Assign the incoming MIDI to any on-screen controller
5) Map the on-screen controller to your choice of plugin parameter(s)

VOILA!!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 1:55 PM in response to k_maraj

Figured it out!

To anyone else who might be curious, it's fairly straightforward:

In AUDIO/MIDI SETUP:

1) Make sure the IAC driver is enabled

2) Make sure there is a session in the Network with the IAC driver set as the input

In MAINSTAGE

1) Create an external instrument channel strip

2) Set the MIDI Output to IAC

3) Load the MIDI Modulator Plugin. You should now see Mainstage receiving the MIDI data sent out by the Modulator plugin.
4) Assign the incoming MIDI to any on-screen controller
5) Map the on-screen controller to your choice of plugin parameter(s)

VOILA!!

Use MIDI Modulator to control plugin parameter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.