Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Joining audiobook tracks

i know that you can join tracks when i importing the CD. but the audiobook that i am importing (ripping) has some chapters continuing on the following disc.

example: disc 1 - track 18 (last track) is chapter 6. disc 2 - tracks 1-3 is the rest of chapter 6.

is there any way to joining these 4 tracks, from 2 different discs? would selecting the tracks to become AAC be a way of joining them...or would i still have 4 tracks?

thanks in advance

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 3:03 AM

4 replies

Sep 15, 2015 12:30 PM in response to Practical Magic

Audacity is an excellent piece of software. You should download it from http://audacityteam.org/ rather than anywhere else to be on the safe side. Unless I'm mistaken however one downside with Audacity is that the audio data will be re-encoded which can lead to a loss of fidelity, unless you're starting with uncompressed originals. There are other tools that can trim, split and join mp3 or aac files without recompressing the audio. Chapter & Verse seems to be the best Windows tool with regard to audiobooks.

tt2

Joining audiobook tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.