Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desk top not responding

HI

We have a Mac, which has been no problem for 7 years, but today it will not let me click on anything on the sreen. The mouse is moving I can see that, but I can not click on any item on the screen. I log it down yesterday when this issue started & totally powered it down but nothing is happening. It will let me tab round the desktop & is showing me the contents of folders but I can close nothing nor still use mouse to open safari etc.

Any suggestions please?

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 2:12 AM

2 replies

Aug 31, 2015 7:34 AM in response to Stella Hent

Stella, Please help us help you. There are too many different kinds of Macs for your brief post to allow us to offer help. Please see this, from an an Apple forum support article titled. "How to Write a Good Question":

To help other members answer your question, give as many details as you can.

• Include your product name and specs such as processor speed, memory, and storage capacity. Please do not include your Serial Number, IMEI, MEID, or other personal information.
  • Provide the version numbers of your operating system and relevant applications, for example "iOS 6.0.3" or "iPhoto 9.1.2".
  • Describe the problem, and include any details about what seems to cause it.
  • List any troubleshooting steps you've already tried, or temporary fixes you've discovered.

We may need to get your post relocated so more people can see you question. You found the forum for Apple hardware made before 1998. Not your fault, but rather due to Apple's non-intuitive labels. When you tell us what Mac you have we can ask the Hosts to move you to a more active forum.

Aug 31, 2015 9:38 AM in response to Allan Jones

Thank you for looking at my enquiry, i realised i was a bit short on info & my next task will be to print of information from the Mac.

I really thought the machine had had its day, so i have been into Leicester today to look at replacements. One of the chaps in Apple Leicester shop suggested i try a new mouse, & low & behold he is absolutely right, i am now back on line. Thank you Apple!

But thank you very much for taking the time replying & replying to me.

Regards

Desk top not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.