Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I start email I just get the frame of the normal email screen and no content and after 20 secs it reverts to the home screen. Have tried restaring ipad and have also deleted and reset up email accout but still have same problem

WWhen's start email I get the frame of the normal email screen but no content. I have tried restarting the ipad and have als deleted and reinstalled the email account but still have the same problem

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 1:48 AM

9 replies

Aug 31, 2015 9:29 AM in response to martinfrombishops stortford

Make sure you have enough free space o the iPad for it to run efficiently. With iOS 8 it is recommended that you have 15-20% of the storage space on the device free. For a 16 GB device that is 2.4-3.2 GB free. For a 32 GB device that is 4.8-6.4 GB free. For a 64 GB device that is 9.6-12.8 GB free.

When the Mail app misbehaves:

1. Quit the Mail app like this: Double click the Home button to reveal the app switcher. Flick up on the page preview of the app you want to quit. The page preview will fly away and disappear. That quits the app.

2. Reset the iPad. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

When I start email I just get the frame of the normal email screen and no content and after 20 secs it reverts to the home screen. Have tried restaring ipad and have also deleted and reset up email accout but still have same problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.