Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime will not download

I'm trying to download Quicktime (I've tried the most recent version), but every time it comes up with the message:

"The file ul_catalog.98CB24AD_52FB_DB5F_FF1F_C8B3B9A1E18E cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'QuickTime.cab'. This could indicate a network error (I'm definitely connected), or an error reading from the CD-ROM (I'm not using a CD-ROM), or a problem with this package"

Is it because I'm using Windows 8 rather than 7? I need it to edit videos but they won't upload to Sony Vegas without Quicktime.

Windows 8

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 4:16 AM

4 replies

Aug 31, 2015 4:10 PM in response to mayarb

It could possibly be because you are using Windows 8 and the latest download from Apple website is showing QT 7.7.8 for Vista or Windows 7.

What I would try is download and save the installer, rather than running it from online.

Once you have the QuickTime.exe installer saved. Right click on it and go to Properties, then click on the Compatibility tab, then go to Compatibility mode. From within there they'll be a Windows 8 which you can select to run from. Now the directions I am giving you is how the latest QT installer is showing up in Windows 10, there is not a 10 selection anyway, only an 8. So give it a try.

If the QT installer still doesn't run. I would then go to C:\Windows\Installer and delete any msi files you find pertaining to QT & Apple and try to run the installer again.

Quicktime will not download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.