Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This version of boot camp is not intended for this computer

After spending hours over hours on installing Windows 7 64bit on my Imac (27 inch, late 2013) I am facing now the next challenge. I opened the boot camp folder on my flash drive (which was by the way created by boot camp assistant) and double clicked on setup. After this action I always get the following error: This version of boot camp is not intended for this computer. How come? Boot camp assistant downloaded these drivers, so how can they be wrong? I also tried to manually download drivers however, I always received the same message. How can I get this last step done?

Cheers

Nic

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 4:59 AM

The Windows 10 Bootcamp 6 roll out has caused lots of issues for W10 and other previous versions and has some design issues.

Use Install Windows 7 and earlier on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support to download Bootcamp 5 drivers for your specific Mac year/model and Boot Camp: Solve Windows support software installation problems .

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 4:59 AM in response to Nicolas Ritter

The Windows 10 Bootcamp 6 roll out has caused lots of issues for W10 and other previous versions and has some design issues.

Use Install Windows 7 and earlier on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support to download Bootcamp 5 drivers for your specific Mac year/model and Boot Camp: Solve Windows support software installation problems .

Sep 1, 2015 5:10 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks mate. Seems as I downloaded the wrong drivers before. I double checked and downloaded the correct drivers. This worked all pretty well, however there is already my next problem. So I installed all the drivers but looking at the display resolution its set to 1600 x 1200 (which is the max on the scale). I am pretty sure that my 27 inch Imac has a higher resolution, do I have to download other drivers?

Any help appreciated!

Cheers Nic

This version of boot camp is not intended for this computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.