Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play on Mac but not phone

Could the genius at apple who made the Music app explain why I cant simply transfer my music to my iPhone? Worked before change now doesn't just work ....

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 4:28 AM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 6:42 AM in response to ivan165

Hi ivan165,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you are having trouble adding music to your iPhone. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Move content from iTunes on your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Manually add items to your device

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
  3. Choose the content that you want to add to your device from your iTunes library.User uploaded file
  4. Drag the content to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. A panel should appear. Locate your device.User uploaded file

If you're using an iPhone, you can only add music or video from a single iTunes Library.

If you're using an iPad or iPod, you can add music from multiple iTunes Libraries, but video from only one iTunes Library.

Cheers

Play on Mac but not phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.