Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete photos on my iPhone, will they still be on my Mac (where they are originally stored)?? I just upgraded my iCloud storage and now I don't have room on my iPhone....

please help

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 3:17 AM

2 replies

Aug 31, 2015 1:21 PM in response to xSweetMiseryx

depends on details you do not provide

Basically if you are using iCloud Photos library then any change made anyplace is made everyplace - if you are not using ICPL then there is no connection between the photo and the Mac

What setting do you have for iCloud in the Mac system preferences, in Photos on the Mac and on each IOS device?

If you are using gICPL and have space problems on any device set that device to use optimized photos

LN

Sep 6, 2015 6:30 AM in response to LarryHN

Larry,

I use my iPad for backup storage while traveling. I shoot with a Nikon, and each day I backup what is on its memory card to the iPad. When I return from traveling, I download the memory card to my iMac, where I edit and build a photo album. That photo album is then uploaded to my website and, if warranted, put into an album on my iPad for sharing with friends.

I do not use PhotoStream.

Now, when I have finished building and loading the travel album to website and iPad, I want to delete the photos that were imported to the iPad on those daily backup sessions. When I hit the delete, I am warned the photo's images will be deleted everywhere on the iPad (and all devices if using PhotoStream).

Is it safe to go into Camera Roll, select those now early useless images, and delete?

Or, should I delete the albums containing those images from the iPad, do the delete protocol in the previous sentence, and then re-sync from my iMac to the iPad?

If I delete photos on my iPhone, will they still be on my Mac (where they are originally stored)?? I just upgraded my iCloud storage and now I don't have room on my iPhone....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.