Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a cover, I don't understand this

I need to add a cover to my iBook (Classical template, landscape mode). But I don't understand it. There is a square placeholder in the iBooks file, but I also have books in my iBook shelf that have regular (portrait) formats.

So, how do I create a cover in such a way that it is just as a normal book: portrait oriented?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Core i7, 27"

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 4:32 AM

As far as I'm aware there is only one "cover", and it's portrait. It's intended to be seen on the iBooks shelf view.

To create a cover, open IBA and look at the Book sidebar on the left. At the top you should see "Book Title". Click on this and it will take you to the cover page.

You can now edit the text and graphic on this page as you wish.

Note there is also the Intro Media option. If you put a video in this section it will play the first time the book is opened.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2015 4:32 AM in response to Gerben Wierda

As far as I'm aware there is only one "cover", and it's portrait. It's intended to be seen on the iBooks shelf view.

To create a cover, open IBA and look at the Book sidebar on the left. At the top you should see "Book Title". Click on this and it will take you to the cover page.

You can now edit the text and graphic on this page as you wish.

Note there is also the Intro Media option. If you put a video in this section it will play the first time the book is opened.

Sep 2, 2015 4:38 AM in response to spudmachine

My cover section was somewhat edited and some of those hotspot elements were gone. I only had a (constrained to square) element there.

What I did was create a new document with the same template and copy the elements over.

I have been wondering, if you want such an object (say a text object that displays the title) how do you create such a beast? If I delete it, it is gone. Copying over from another document is a workaround, but I'd rather know how to create one from scratch. It's probably some xhtml object with a reference to a value, but how do you create one from scratch?

Adding a cover, I don't understand this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.