Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do share storage with family members on all devices

My husband and I want to use the storage I have and pay for monthly, on all the devices registered in our names.

He has Iphone5S and IPad. I have Macbook and Iphone 4S. The monthly storage account is inmy name.

The I Cloud Family Sharing list him as the organizer. Can we share the storage plan that is under my name,

or must we each have a separate storage plan account. If we can share, how can I set it up. TU.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), I Pad/Phone registered to husband

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 6:24 AM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 6:29 AM in response to LizzyShollen

Hi there,

Regardless of whether you are in a Family Sharing 'network' or not, the storage purchased for an iCloud account is tied individually to that user. If you would like more than 5GB of storage yourself, then you will have to purchase it on your own account.

Alternatively, you can use the same Apple ID on both of your devices, but this isn't recommended as you'll end up getting each others' iMessages/Contacts etc!

What is it you need to extra storage for? There may be an alternative....

Cheers :-)

How do share storage with family members on all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.