Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 won't turn on

So, this morning when I checked my iPhone while it was charghing, it had a system message that went something like this: "iPhone can't receive phone calls. Connect to iTunes". I unplugged my iPhone from the wall and boom - it went off even though it had 100% battery left.

I tried normal boot and it showed Apple logo for two seconds and then it turned off. Then I pressed home and lock buttons for over 20 seconds while plugged in to Mac and nothing happened. After an hour, my iPhone turned normally on to the lock screen but then it went off, again. I tried recovery mode but still it does not turn on. iTunes don't recognize it either.

Should I take it to the Apple Store? Or is there some way to fix it?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

-Sheidz

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 4:25 AM

3 replies

Aug 31, 2015 4:26 AM in response to sheidz

Force your device to start. To do this, press Sleep/Wake and Home buttons and hold them for at least 10 seconds.

If this does not help, take a look these Apple Support articles:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

As a final step, try the recovery mode. Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your iPhone. After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your iPhone needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

More info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

If these steps don't work, contact Apple and ask for help.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/contact/

iPhone 4 won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.