Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring music form an ipod onto a computer

Hi

I have music that I have purchased from iTunes on my new computer but I also have a lot of music on my ipod but I no longer have the cd's.

Is there a way that I can transfer the music form my ipod onto my computer without syncing as I do not want to lose what is already on my computer or replace what is on the ipod.

I can't seem to copy and paste any music form the ipod nor can I access it through the file explorer on the computer.

This is very frustrating trying to figure out how to do this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 9:28 AM

About the same thing happened to me, I updated ITunes about 2 Months Ago and lost almost 80%of ITunes library. I still have all the music, playlists, Podcasts, movies, etc. on the IPod classic. It need to copy the IPod library back to ITunes Library on PC.

how do I accomplished this, and why has Apple never had this feature built in. If I try to sync normally, iTunes says I will erase all content on IPod and then Sync form PC.. Not right...... Help.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 9:28 AM in response to Bookworm72

About the same thing happened to me, I updated ITunes about 2 Months Ago and lost almost 80%of ITunes library. I still have all the music, playlists, Podcasts, movies, etc. on the IPod classic. It need to copy the IPod library back to ITunes Library on PC.

how do I accomplished this, and why has Apple never had this feature built in. If I try to sync normally, iTunes says I will erase all content on IPod and then Sync form PC.. Not right...... Help.

Aug 31, 2015 8:22 PM in response to Bookworm72

Bookworm72 wrote:

Hi

I have music that I have purchased from iTunes on my new computer but I also have a lot of music on my ipod but I no longer have the cd's.

Is there a way that I can transfer the music form my ipod onto my computer....

Bookworm,

Yes, but it is not easy. See this user tip from turingtest2:

Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device

transferring music form an ipod onto a computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.