Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media import issue

We're having an issue importing media. Updated to FCPX 10.2.1 last week and have successfully used the program since then. However, now when I try to import media to Library "A" the media actually imports to Library "B" every time. When you close library "B" the media will not import at all. We have tried creating new libraries, events and projects to see if that makes a difference, we've shut down the program as well as the computer.

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 6:56 AM

5 replies

Aug 31, 2015 7:51 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

We're using external media, have tried importing different media, and different types of media, from different locations into different libraries and events, with the same result, no matter which Library/event we assign the import always loads into Library/event B "Kids First 2015." Posted the properties for the library to which the media imports. It does not matter which library or event is highlighted in the browser, when you open the import window it is always 'kids first"

tUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Aug 31, 2015 8:05 AM in response to PromotionEditor3

Kids First does not use external media. It's using managed media; that's what library properties show.

The second image shows import set to copy into KIDS FIRST 2015.

The third image also shows import using managed media, copy to library, into an event called Cancer Society. Where is Cancer Society? I don't see any reason why the file wouldn't be copied into there.

What's odd is that both images seem to have an option to create a new event in a library called PSA, which I don't even see mounted in your browser.

Try trashing your preferences to start with.

Media import issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.