Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone old Icloud account

Iphone IOS 8.4.1

Background: Please read this carefully before posting a reply. I've read several solutions here and have not had any success with my issue.

The phone in question is owned by my employer. It was not "cleared" properly before I received it. The previous employee's ICloud and AppleID are still in the phone. I've tried several times to delete with no luck. At this point the phone is extremely difficult to use because the Login nag screen & keyboard appear every 3-4 seconds.

Obstacle: I don't have any way to contact the previous employee. So getting them to login to the phone and then deleting the account is NOT an option.

Issue: Nag screen that appears every 3 seconds or so "Sign In to iCloud Enter the Apple I password for "previousemployee@gmail.com". There is an option for "Cancel" & "OK". At this point the phone is extremely difficult to use.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1, 12 GB

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:57 AM

3 replies

Aug 31, 2015 8:04 AM in response to DEyford

DEyford wrote:

Obstacle: I don't have any way to contact the previous employee. So getting them to login to the phone and then deleting the account is NOT an option.

That means that fixing the phone is NOT an option.

There is absolutely no way around this. It's called "Activation Lock" and it's an anti-theft mechanism. It prevents a thief from using a stolen iPhone.

Edit...

My eyes are blurry because of a minor eye issue and I transposed "employer" and "employee" and also misunderstood who is the owner. If your company is the legitimate owner, Apple will remove the lock if AND ONLY IF an authorized representative of the company provides a government photo ID and incontrovertible proof (i.e., proof that will hold up in court) that the company is the owner.

If an Apple Store is convenient, make an appointment with the resident "Genius." Otherwise, you must ship the device to Apple. To make arrangements, call 800-275-2273 in the U.S.A. and I think Canada.

Aug 31, 2015 8:05 AM in response to DEyford

If the employer owns the device, then there is an option. The employer will need to bring a copy of the original receipt and the phone to a physical Apple Store and they should be able to help.

The employer also need to ensure that devices are not set up with personal Apple IDs to prevent this in the future. If you do a search of the forum here, you will find multiple posts regarding this and recommendations from many users as well as employers that suggest employee policy about dealing with this and also the use of management software available through Apple.

Iphone old Icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.