Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download Logic Pro X and all its additional content to a external hard drive?

Apologies for my basic question, I am about to upgrade from garageband to logic pro however I do not have enough space on my macbook to download all of logics additional content. I've read a alot of guidance on transferring this additional content to an external hard drive but I dont even have enough space to even download this in the first place haha. So basically, can I download logic x and all of its additional content directly to an external hard drive?

Thanks

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:20 AM

You can.. but this requires you to set up and use Symlinks aka Symbolic Links (Do not use Alases...due to issues being reported when updating Logic's content)

https://gigaom.com/2011/04/27/how-to-create-and-use-symlinks-on-a-mac/

Make sure you have a full working clone backup of your System Disk using CCC or SuperDuper! before attempting this...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 8:20 AM in response to KaydK

You can.. but this requires you to set up and use Symlinks aka Symbolic Links (Do not use Alases...due to issues being reported when updating Logic's content)

https://gigaom.com/2011/04/27/how-to-create-and-use-symlinks-on-a-mac/

Make sure you have a full working clone backup of your System Disk using CCC or SuperDuper! before attempting this...

Nov 15, 2015 10:00 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

I have a similar question to KaydK's. I have a MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and have moved the additional Logic Pro X content to an external drive using Symlinker. However, when I open Logic, it begins downloading the additional content, apparently not recognizing the symlink to the additional content on the external drive. I am unable to bypass the download or even use Logic until the download completes. I would appreciate any help with this issue. Thanks.

Can I download Logic Pro X and all its additional content to a external hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.