Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove "My Events" from my iPhoto on my iPhone 5s

I have photos in my iPhoto called "my events" then below it says from my mac. How do I remove these photos? I've tried syncing my phone with iTunes and gone to photos but I still do not see the events anywhere on there to remove it.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), null

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 9:37 AM

Hi dannenberg40,

I understand you have some photos that were synced from your Mac in the iPhoto app on your iPhone. You are correct in that you need to remove the photos from within the iTunes application on your Mac. The resources below will provide some information on how to remove the synced photos.

Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201313

Delete synced photos

1. In iTunes, locate and click on your device.
  2. Click Photos.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
    To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  4. Click Apply.

Delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can’t access the originals - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204120

Delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can’t access the originals

You can delete photos you synced from iTunes by syncing them with a new folder.

These steps will remove all of the previously synced photos from the device.

To delete photos that have been synced from a computer that's no longer accessible:

1. Create a folder on the computer that you now sync with, and add a single photo to that folder.
  2. In the Photos tab in iTunes, click the box next to "Sync Photos From."
  3. In the pop-up menu next to "Sync Photos From," choose the folder you created in step 1.
  4. Apply the change.
  5. Uncheck "Sync Photos From."
  6. Apply the change again.
  7. Your synced photos will now be removed from the device.

Last Modified: Jun 26, 2015

Take care,

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2015 9:37 AM in response to dannenberg40

Hi dannenberg40,

I understand you have some photos that were synced from your Mac in the iPhoto app on your iPhone. You are correct in that you need to remove the photos from within the iTunes application on your Mac. The resources below will provide some information on how to remove the synced photos.

Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201313

Delete synced photos

1. In iTunes, locate and click on your device.
  2. Click Photos.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
    To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  4. Click Apply.

Delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can’t access the originals - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204120

Delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can’t access the originals

You can delete photos you synced from iTunes by syncing them with a new folder.

These steps will remove all of the previously synced photos from the device.

To delete photos that have been synced from a computer that's no longer accessible:

1. Create a folder on the computer that you now sync with, and add a single photo to that folder.
  2. In the Photos tab in iTunes, click the box next to "Sync Photos From."
  3. In the pop-up menu next to "Sync Photos From," choose the folder you created in step 1.
  4. Apply the change.
  5. Uncheck "Sync Photos From."
  6. Apply the change again.
  7. Your synced photos will now be removed from the device.

Last Modified: Jun 26, 2015

Take care,

How do I remove "My Events" from my iPhoto on my iPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.