Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 2 won't turn on, I just get a broad white band repeatedly travelling partway down the landscape screen.

My iPad 2 won't turn on, I just get a broad white band repeatedly travelling partway down the landscape screen. I tried to reset it using the home and on/off buttons but this didn't work. I connected it to the PC and iTunes recognised that it was an iPad requiring a restore. It was restored to my iPad settings & Apps etc. According to iTunes it's restored, however it till won't turn on and I still get the same white band, no Apple logo. Repeated resets using the home & on/off buttons for 10+ (even 60) seconds do nothing.

It worked fine yesterday in Spain but when I got home to the UK last night it was like this. During travel I had it part of my hand luggage in a padded Belkin iPad case/bag except when it went through X-ray at the airport. As far as I know it didn't suffer any physical damage. I turned it to aircraft mode then off before I left the villa in Spain and did not attempt to turn it on till last night at home.

I may be able to claim on my travel insurance but I don't know if its broken, fixable or what. The nearest Apple Store is over an hour away and I won't be able to get there for a couple of weeks due to work commitments. Any help on this will be gratefully appreciated.

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:38 AM

Sounds like a hardware failure. Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support. Be sure to back up your device before taking or sending it to Apple. If, as you say, you cannot get to an Apple Store then contact Apple Support. There is a Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 7:38 AM in response to SteveW26

Sounds like a hardware failure. Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support. Be sure to back up your device before taking or sending it to Apple. If, as you say, you cannot get to an Apple Store then contact Apple Support. There is a Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.

My iPad 2 won't turn on, I just get a broad white band repeatedly travelling partway down the landscape screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.