Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting the following message when using email - Cannot Get Mail - The Connection to Server failed. How can I remedy this?

Email problem. Getting the message "Cannot get mail - The connection to the server failed". Not sure how to remedy this new problem.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 6:11 AM

3 replies

Sep 1, 2015 7:31 AM in response to Kingman456

Howdy Kingman456,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

If you're getting the error message "Cannot get mail - The connection to the server failed" when trying to access your email in the Mail app on the iPad, then I'd like you to please follow the steps in the link below.

Follow these steps first:

1. To make sure that you're connected to the Internet, open Safari and go to www.apple.com.
  2. Log in to your email provider's website and make sure that the account is active and that you're using the right password.
  3. Check your email settings.
  4. Restart your iOS device.
  5. Remove the affected email account from your device with these steps:
    1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    2. Tap the email account.
    3. Tap Delete Account.
    4. Add your account again.

Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

Sep 1, 2015 11:38 AM in response to Kingman456

Hi,

Make sure your internet connection is still present. It maybe that. If you changed your passwords for email, I would double check that. I also make sure I've received the most recent updates to your iPad. Sometimes that takes care of random issues. Plus, you'll have the software you need. I don't work for apple but this is what I would do. I hope this works for you.

getting the following message when using email - Cannot Get Mail - The Connection to Server failed. How can I remedy this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.