Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uploading photos to iCloud takes forever help

help, i have 10,000 photos, my iCloud has been uploading for a day and only 2,000 photos have been uploaded, is this normal?

kathy

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:15 AM

That seems within the realm of reason. Note that with most internet service provider plans the upload speeds offered are substantially slower than the download speeds.

9 replies

Sep 3, 2015 7:15 AM in response to Csound1

Thx for the info, i uploaded over 10,000 is slightly less than 4 days. I used my ethernet cable and plugged directly into the router and by passed the wifi.

I do have another question. When I view any of these uploaded photos in my iCloud on my iPhone or iPad do they then download to the device and stay there using up all my storage? I only have a 16 GB iphone and iPhoto is using 3.0 GB. I have 3.0 GB's left.

Kathy

Sep 3, 2015 7:25 AM in response to Csound1

One last question, every time I go to iCloud.com to view photos when I click to view albums it says Photos has stopped responding and an error has occurred and I then click send to Apple or reload. I then get the same response. I have quit Safari, rebooted and updated all my photos to the iCloud.com account. I run all the latest systems on all my devices.

Kathy

uploading photos to iCloud takes forever help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.