Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to re-install Ical Vers.8 on OX X10.10.5

My calendar is not updating my company's Calendar, leaving me with the last calendar update they did. On the window to the side of the calendar, where it shows which calendar you have open, I have a triangle with an exclamation point, but no indication of why its there or what is happening.

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 2:27 PM

Musicarcade,

The only way to reinstall Calendar is to reinstall OS X.

I would recommend instead that you:

Quit Calendar.

Paste this text ~/Library into the Finder Menu>Go>Go to Folder...window and select "Go." This will open the Users Library Folder.

Then open the Calendars Folder which is in that Library Folder, and move any any files with "Cache" listed in the name field to your Desktop.

Next open the Preferences Folder in that same Library Folder and move the com.apple.iCal.plist file to the Desktop.

Log out/in or restart and open Calendar.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 2:27 PM in response to Musicarcade99

Musicarcade,

The only way to reinstall Calendar is to reinstall OS X.

I would recommend instead that you:

Quit Calendar.

Paste this text ~/Library into the Finder Menu>Go>Go to Folder...window and select "Go." This will open the Users Library Folder.

Then open the Calendars Folder which is in that Library Folder, and move any any files with "Cache" listed in the name field to your Desktop.

Next open the Preferences Folder in that same Library Folder and move the com.apple.iCal.plist file to the Desktop.

Log out/in or restart and open Calendar.

User uploaded file

Is it possible to re-install Ical Vers.8 on OX X10.10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.