Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setup of Apple Express

I currently have a wireless network that I need to strengthen downstairs. I have an ASUS router and have 2 PCs connected. I also have 2 IMacs connected wireless. I have an wired Apple Express that I would like to place downstairs to boost the current wireless signal from the ASUS router. How do I set this up in the Apple Express?

Thanks!

Windows 8

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:42 AM

3 replies

Aug 31, 2015 9:14 AM in response to BTurnerTN

The tips and tricks for setting things up are different depending on what product and computer you might have.

Which model of AirPort Express do you have?

Will you be using a PC or a Mac to set up the AirPort Express? If you will be using a Mac, what operating system is it running? If you are not sure about that, click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen, then click About This Mac and look for the OS X Version number there.

Aug 31, 2015 10:29 AM in response to BTurnerTN

Just follow the instructions in the Setup Guide that came with the AirPort Extreme.

Connect an Ethernet cable from one of the four LAN <--> Ethernet ports on the ASUS router to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Extreme

Power up the AirPort Extreme for a few minutes

Click on the WiFi icon at the top of the Mac's screen and look for a setting of New AirPort Base Station, then click on AirPort Extreme directly below that heading

User uploaded file

When you click on AirPort Extreme, the setup "wizard" will open up automatically, take a few seconds to analyze the network, then display a screen that looks similar to this, except that you will see a picture of the AirPort Extreme.

User uploaded file

Network Name.........Enter the exact name of the Asus wireless network

Base Station............Enter a short, simple device name that you want to call the AirPort Extreme

Password.................Enter the password for the Asus network

Verify........................Enter the password again to confirm

Click Next, and the wizard will set up everything for you. When you see the message of Setup Complete, click Done. That's it,

Setup of Apple Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.