Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After using Find My iPhone to "delete" my old (stolen) iPhones, I keep recieving text messages and e-mails from "findmyiphonesecure@icloud.com" about them being found - is this just spam?

I have had two iPhones stolen within the last year, so with my new one, I decided to begin using "Find my iPhone". I have given up on retrieving the old ones long ago, but I still marked them as "stolen" in the app, and later decided to delete them completely as I saw no use for keeping them "active" so to speak. Now I keep receiving text messages from "findmyiphonesecure@icloud.com" telling me that my old iPhone has been registered online, and that I need to log in with my apple-ID to see where (which I haven't done, as I didn't really trust it). But now I have received an e-mail as well, telling me that it was found somewhere in Oslo. I'm really confused - is this just spam? Because nothing comes up when I search for the sender. But it's really weird that it didn't happen until after I deleted my data from the old ones (and yet they have found my name, phone number, e-mail adress and they know which iPhone model it was)... Has anyone had similar experiences?

iPhone 5c, null

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:49 AM

2 replies

Oct 1, 2015 8:36 AM in response to helenedk

Hello

I had exactly the same experience. My iPhone was stolen and now I receive this "personal spam". Actually I visited the website to whom he sent a link to me and discovered, that it is just rebuilt on a free website platform and is directly connected to the apple website. With this trick he's able to get your password, that he can unlock your stolen phone... The site it self is made really professional, because i tried to enter with a wrong password (just to have a look, what happens...). And it is directly linked to the apple server to proof if it's correct. As a matter of that it was written "wrong password". As a matter of that the site feels more safe, because it is suggested, that they "know" your password, but actually they're just able to proof if they can enter with yours!

So don't enter your information on this site!!!

Because also the tief was quiet professional I'm wondering where you're phone was stolen? I wanna know how big this "thing" is... (Mine was stolen on the streetparade in Zürich...)

Do you may know, where we could report it to apple, that they may trie to kill this website?

Your companion in misfortune... :/

After using Find My iPhone to "delete" my old (stolen) iPhones, I keep recieving text messages and e-mails from "findmyiphonesecure@icloud.com" about them being found - is this just spam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.