Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I switch off 'Find my phone' if I have lost my password for an old Apple ID that no longer exists, but my phone still recognises? I cannot delete the ID either because I need the password. Any ideas?

How can I switch off 'Find my phone' if I have lost my password for an old Apple ID that no longer exists, but my phone still recognises? I cannot delete the ID either because I need the password. Any ideas?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 6:42 AM

2 replies

Aug 31, 2015 4:28 PM in response to Safk

Apple IDs, never cease to exist. While the associated E-Mail address may no longer function, the Apple ID will continue to work regardless.

If you don't remember the Password, you can try to recover it as suggested above.

Otherwise you will need to contact iTunes Support to have them reset the password for you.

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Once you recover the password, or have it reset, I suggest you go update the associated E-Mail address.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.